On the lookout for a fast and healthy snack for the children? Here are a few tasty ideas which you can surprise them or allow them to make by themselves.
1. Bugs On A Log: They will love it just for the title! Simply spread peanut butter on celery stalks, then top with raisins (the bugs). Yummy.
2. Melon Balls: Show them that ice cream scoops can be used for more than just ice cream. Scoop the”meat” from watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe and serve them on a tray with colorful toothpicks in each one.
3. Quesadillas: You do not need to drive to a Mexican restaurant to enjoy such melted treats. Simply sprinkle shredded cheese on a tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half and microwave it until the cheese is gooey. Cut the quesadilla to triangle-shaped wedges and dip in salsa.
4. Frozen Grapes: The whole family will delight in this cool treat once summer arrives. Put a washed bowl of grapes into the freezer for an hour or so. Do not forget to cut the grapes in half for smaller kids and toddlers.
5. Peanut Butter Squares: Children will eat just about anything that is covered in yummy peanut butter! Spread peanut butter on a cracker (or a rice cake). Add a few apple slices then top with another cracker to form a tiny cracker sandwich.
6. Snackers Delight: Children change their minds with the end, so be ready with a medley of the favorites! Fill each cup of a muffin tin with different treats such as nuts, raisins, cheese cubes, pretzels, carrot pieces and sunflower seeds.